Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Monkeys at Martins and other wild adventures...

We MUST get out of the house, I decided this morning, and schemed a plan to take Schaeffer Jo and I somewhere-anywhere other than 708 Wayne Street.

So after the mandatory hat, vest, coat, and hood were all in place we trudged off through the snow to Target. Not a moment after entering the building, Schaeffer Jo had to have every article of winter clothing off her body. And I mean had to.

I'm stripping her clothes, she is meowing with Wheezie the cat and straining to reach da-doh all at once.
No, the cart did not tip over, but it was close.

Items purchased, child re-winterized, and off to next stop: Martin's Supermarket.

Again with the undressing, the cat yelping, but this time add an open box of raisins.
We're cruising through the produce when SJ fixes her eyes on the over-stuffed monkeys they've got hanging from the ceiling above the banana display.

"OOO-eee-aa-hh" "OOO-eee-hhh-aaa" again and again, with increasing decibels as we get closer. Then, Schaeffer notices an older man a few yards away and screams "Hiiii!" no reply.
"HIIIIII!" still no reply.

Why do people not respond when children talk to them? They obviously do not know the havoc they wreck.

Through the rest of the grocery, "Hiii!".
But, not only would the folks reply, they would stop to chat with the cute talking baby.


"My grace is enough, it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness. Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift-it was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size-abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks- I just let Christ take over. And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become." 2nd Corinthians 12:9 & 10

No comments:

Post a Comment