Tuesday, January 13, 2009

life's a beach in the 'big-girl' pool!

(Post from 01.05.09)

Schaeffer Jo + Swimming Lessons = Crazy Amounts of Fun!

I've realized there are many reasons Mommys enroll their offspring in classes which require physical activity-especially children who are under, oh let's say, the age of 5.

After Jo and I have a great time splashing around in the pool, jumping off the side, playing with the toys and doing the aquatic version of 'ring around the roseie', a typical day at our house would look like this:

Swimming lessons end @ 11am
wrangle SJ into her clothing, mangle to get myself dressed- find car keys. 11:15am
Get home, Schaeffer is asleep. 11:28am
Get inside, take of little gal's coat-she is awake. 11:31am
NANO! NANO! NANO! (if you don't know, this is SJ code for bottle) 11:31 and 30 seconds
bottle + dado blanket 11:33am
bed. nap.
Schaeffer wakes up starving for lunch. 1pm.
Finishes lunch with face on tray.
NANO! NANO! NANO!
repeat.


Yes, managing the sporadic tantrums aside, structured class days are great. And, the plus side is that I'm raising the next Michael Phelps-she just happens to be female.

Look out world.

"I lift my eyes up to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip-he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over you will neither slumber nor sleep." Psalm 121:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment