Friday, October 15, 2010

Integrity. What is that, again?

Integrity defined: firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values.

We live in a world of lacking integrity, don't we? Where everything is a shade of grey--where 'nothing is really black or white'.

I had the priveledge of gathering my portfolio samples this week--something that hinges totally on personal integrity. As I browsed the samples of photographic work that has been done, there were many great images that I am not responsible for. I so easily could have downloaded them, and called them my own. No one would have known, right?

Hard to do the right thing. Hard to make SURE that the only work you represent is your own. But so worthwhile. I don't want to stand for anything but truth and the gifts that I've been given. I want to stand before my potential employer--as well as God--and say 'Yes! I worked HARD for this, and it's mine!"

Afterall, my mom taught me from a young age, truth is the BEST policy. And, more than pleasing my mom, it's what's right in God's eyes.

"May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in you."
Psalm 25:21

No comments:

Post a Comment