Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Nobody likes me, I'll just go eat worms...

Have you ever felt this way?

On afternoons when Schaeffer is napping & I find myself daydreaming about what it would be like to have the perfect playdate. The friend 'combo' of mother & daughter--a girlie friend for SJ & a mommy friend for me.

I can imagine us going on educational field trips, having picnics in the park, having crafty tuesday, even wearing matching sweaters.

ok, maybe not the sweaters.

Many of my 'girlfriends' have these kinds of relationships--and I wonder if there was some kind of electric first meeting? Did their special relationship take extra time to foster? Was it like spending time with yourself?

I don't know what it is--but I do know that I want that type of relationship, both for me--and for my daughter.

And, I know what God says about it.

"Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart." Ps 37:4

"Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to
bring praise to God." Romans 15:7

No comments:

Post a Comment