Saturday, April 17, 2010

I'm a sympathedic puker.

After much debate, we decided to go as a family (as in all of us) to Scott's birthday party. I knew that SJ probably should stay home and rest--but also knew that it would be good for us, and our family, to have all 3 of us in one place at one time.

The party was nice, it is so good to have momentary escapes from our current reality. It seems that the more we sit home, the more we concentrate on the next fever, the next puke, the next blood draw, the next doctor appointment.

For me (Kate), it has provided a shocking realization of how parents of chronically ill children live. The lack of normalcy, quality of life, time for themselves.

On the way home, SJ was asking for pancakes, which shocked Griffin and me. She essentially hasn't eaten in 3 days. The first batch of pancakes had just hit the pan when we heard 'the cough'.

Sure enough, Griffin and Schaeffer were covered in vomit. Vomit and chunks of doughnut and french fries. Repulsive. So now, as SJ's fever continues to rise-as is the cycle-vomit, then fever, we wait.

We wait & praise Him in the midst of this storm. Even as things look bleak-he provides glimpses of Himself, promises to be faithful. The glimmer God gave us today--which sounds minimal, but for now, to which we'll cling: a decrease in sed. rate. (for information anout sed. rate, see a few posts ago).

"I was sure by now, God You would have reached down, And wiped our tears away. Stepped in and saved the day. But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining.

As the thunder rolls, I barely hear Your whisper through the rain. "I'm with you". And as Your mercy falls, I raise my hands and praise the God who gives. And takes away.

And I'll praise You in this storm. And I will lift my hands. For You are who You are. No matter where I am. And every tear I've cried, You hold in Your hand. You never left my side. And though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm."


No comments:

Post a Comment