Friday, December 9, 2011

a well equipped home: kitchen

My beloved LeCreuset in the early stages of toffee








How do you make sense of the swirling jumble of crazy in your head? Three years ago or so, my sweet husband has realized that if I'm in the kitchen stirring up the 7th batch of cookies (in the same day) or finishing the 3rd pot of soup, I'm probably trying to put the crazy to order in my mind.

One of my favorite kitchen tools--pictured above--is my Le Creuset enameled dutch oven. Some have said it's like a second child. I love it. Simply said, there is nothing else in my kitchen that distributes heat as evenly, maintains temperature as well--or is just pretty to look at. And, as if all that wasn't enough, it makes me happy inside. There's no better assurance than knowing when I take the lid off the pot--the plain-jane food I'm putting in will be transformed into melt-in-your-mouth, shovel-it-in-as-fast-as-you-can kind of food. Now that's a good deal.

It's not too late! Add this to your Christmas list immediately. You--and those who eat with you--will be glad you did.


No comments:

Post a Comment