Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Birthday Breakfast (Day)!

fancy party table at Cracker Barrel


happy birthday, sweet girl!


I love you, my little SJO


walking into Cracker Barrel...


seeing everyone for the first time!


she loved her balloons and table decorations


MeMa Debbie & the birthday girl


SJ eating her special 'birthday cake'


snuggling with her MeMa


on to the next fun-stop of the day... downtown Saint Joe!


enjoying the music at the Brown Bag concert at the band shell


MeMa Laurie and SJ watching the water splatter at the fountain


'take my picture, Mom!'


we took a rest and took in the sights on the bluff


on to the Carousel with MeMa Laurie and Papa Al


waiting in line for the Carousel--it's MeMa Laurie's first time!


MeMa Laurie, Papa Al & Schaeffer Jo's ride on Octavia at the Carousel



What a extraordinarily fun day we had! Birthday breakfast has become a treasured tradition--a day that I so look forward to in celebrating my sweet girl each year.

While the logistics of this year were undeniably different--we were in a restaurant, not our home, we still had a wonderful time and made sweet memories. I feel overwhelmed with gratitude for the family that we're blessed with--and the daughter that God has entrusted Griffin and I with.

wow.



No comments:

Post a Comment