Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day + Ballet

Papa Doug & his Schaeffer Bean


Papa's first watercolor masterpiece: lemon loves rainbow


Fancy Nancy goes to the Ballet


and performs in the ballet


ta-daah!


We celebrated Father's Day with Griffin's dad, Doug. I marvel at the fact that not only do I have a husband who is an amazing father to our daughter--but also have been blessed to have a wonderful father myself.

I don't take this for granted--the fact that my life is so blessed, and that I've got much to celebrate throughout the year, not just on the third Sunday in June.

I love you, Griffin Douglas--for the way you demonstrate strength and discipline to Schaeffer, and for the way you love her with your whole big heart.

I love you too, Al Schaberg, for being the man who raised me to be who I am today. Thank you for your infinite personal sacrifice and for teaching me to love unconditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment