Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Makeshift teddy bear picnic


































It's hard for me to believe Schaeffer Jo has finished her first year of 'school'. Tomorrow they'll celebrate with a teddy bear picnic for the class and their parents. Sadly, I will not be able to attend, as I will be having my crazy thyroid killed once and for all.

I couldn't not celebrate with SJ--so I packed our own picnic yesterday after school. We had the park to ourselves, and the weather, while chilly, was beautiful. We played with Betsy, Schaeffer's beloved dolly, and ate yummie cookies. We drank tea from her teapot and lifted out pinkies like fancy ladies.

It will not take the sting away from missing her party tomorrow, but at least we've created a special memory that's just our own. I love my sweet Schaeffer girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment